Skip to main content

I don't feel deprived when I have _______

Years ago, after some pretty big health issues, Dr. Mark and I decided to get serious about losing weight and getting healthy. We were uber consistent and over the course of about a year, we got down to a size that made us feel really confident and strong.

We kept the weight off for over 3 years but then because of a lot of stress and hardship, we went back to our comfortable bad habits. Do you relate to that? Bad habits die hard, don't they! Or at least, we want them to die but we don't put in the proper work to actually replace them with healthy habits.

You can lose weight and keep it off and we can show you how to do that!

Join us on today's video about how to make lasting change. And make sure you get signed up for our Happiness Breakthrough Challenge we have a new challenge starting soon!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broccoli Salad

My children have this thing for broccoli salad and they beg me to make it weekly. Every time I make it I become mom of the week around here which I happen to like! One would think that it might be odd for kids to love broccoli salad, and I am not necessarily thinking it is normal, but I do know it is pretty tasty. I decided for today's post to share my recipe. Beware, I am all about easy so don't expect something elaborate, and I cook for a crowd so if you want to make this adjust to your size of family. 1/2 package of broccoli florets from Costco (chopped) 1/2 red cabbage (shredded) 2 handfuls (or add to desired preference) of Craisins 2 handfuls (or add to desired preference) of real bacon bits 2 handfuls (or add to desired preference) of unsalted sunflower seeds 1/2 a bottle of Kraft Creamy Poppyseed Dressing Mix Seriously, if my kids scarf this salad down I promise most kids will.

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

Mmmm, Chocolate!

I have said before that I love photography. My other love is children and my favorite thing to photograph is children. I love capturing their innocent moments. My kids have gotten pretty good at ignoring the camera although Rachael taught Jillian how to say cheese (when the camera was pointed at her) when she was still a baby. Last night I made homemade brownies. They were so good and so easy to make. Of course the kids got to lick the mixing spoons. Since I have so many kids they have to take turn on who gets to lick the spoons though. This time it was the older kids turn. Jillian, being the baby and totally spoiled, still got a utensil to lick. She was so adorable with the spatula that I had to grab the camera.