Skip to main content

All or Nothing? Are those our only Choices?

Do you R E L A T E to this???

Dr. Mark and I have found that when we have the mentality of "all or nothing" we tend to get fixated on the things we can’t have and don’t stick with the program that will get us the results we are looking for.

How many diets have you done in your adult years? Mark and I have yo-yo dieted so many times because of the all or nothing approach and now our metabolism is paying the price.

Do you find that losing weight is harder than it used to be?

There is a reason for that, the more you diet, the more your body becomes super efficient at storing fat for times of starvation. 

You can't starve your body and see long term results, and you can't just eat food you don't like long enough to lose the weight and then go back to old habits as soon as you have reached your goals because the weight will creep back on! 

Mark and I have found that moderation by fitting food into our macro count is the best answer for how to fuel the body in a way that gets the long term results we are looking for. 

Many of you have asked what a macro is. In simplified terms, its the correct ratio of fats protein and carbs to support your body in burning fat in the most effective way possible.

After forty pounds lost between the two of us and seven months counting our macros we have learned that we eat a donut or a piece of chocolate if we want it. We go out and have a hamburger when we are on a date and we just track it like all our other food. And the next meal? We are still doing what we do every day.

Our cravings don’t derail us from hitting our weight loss goals because we don’t look at it as cheating or bad for us. It’s just food.

Counting macros has changed our whole approach to food and our relationship with food. 
So, what does a typical daily meal plan look like for us?

Breakfast - Waffles and fruit (Mark adds eggs to his to get more protein in)
Snack - Yogurt parfait
Lunch - A Sandwich with lunch meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, 
Dinner - Grilled Chicken, sweet potato fries, salad

Sounds pretty normal, right? We focus on eating food we enjoy and making choices that will create habits we can sustain 5 years from now. 

If you love Keto, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian, Atkins, or any other diet and can see yourself keeping that lifestyle long term, you can still count macros to be more effective with your weight loss goals. 

Mark and I are continuing our cooking with the Leonards series with new recipes this week. Join us to get ideas for healthy yummy meals on our FB business page The Happiness Breakthrough

And as always, if you have questions, please feel free to ask, we are here to educate and support you in feeling your best and your healthiest like Mark and I have been able to do. 

xoxo
Dr. Mark and Becky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Third Weigh In

So, I have had another great week . I even allowed myself pizza one night, and with yesterday being fast Sunday I had all my points at dinner time so we made orange chicken. Mmmmmmm! I love that stuff. So, I am so happy to say that I have lost exactly 1 pound this week. Ya!!! Mark lost 1.8 pounds . Way to go Mark!!! I think we are doing well. Probably the hardest part is today. Whenever there is a celebration I want to eat. It is a hard bad habit to break. I am trying to find something else to do to celebrate my birthday. Maybe I will get out something creative to do. Well, happy birthday to me 1 pound is a great present.

Jillian and Preschool

I couldn't post about everyone else starting school without adding Jillian to the list. She LOVES school. I think mostly it has to do with the fact that she is incredibly bored at home when all the kids are gone at school. So, we enrolled her in the Doeremi preschool that my cousin is doing and she gets to go 3 days a week! Wow, is she excited!!! So here she is ready for school this morning. I can't believe that she is my baby.

Rachael Sneek Peek Senior Portraits