Skip to main content

An Eagle Scout and Baking Goodness...Red Velvet Cupcakes!

Someone recently told me a very interesting statistic; only 4 out of every 100 boy scouts become Eagles.  Andrew worked hard and got close (Life ranking) but his senior year was pretty crazy and ultimately he chose not to finish due to other responsibilities.

All the way up until mid-December, I thought that would be the case for Zach as well.  He got to the Life rank and then craziness hit. School was hard, senioritis was strong, and he had many more important things on his plate. Then, one day just after Christmas vacation, he awoke from multiple dreams about receiving his Eagle and knew God had a plan for him. He groaned, and submitted, and got to work. I have never seen my boy so driven in all of his life! Between his tireless efforts and the incredible efforts of his stake president, he completed 9 merit badges and an Eagle Scout Project in 2 weeks with 4 hours to spare before his deadline. 

Last night was the Court of Honor for Zach and 5 other boys. We had an incredible evening and it came together so beautifully due to the overabundance of talents of each of the parents involved.  I feel so blessed to have been a part of such a classy and well put together activity!!!













For the Eagle Court of Honor I was elected to make Cupcakes. I love serving, and I love baking so this was a great option for me! This time around, in honor of our patriotic theme for the court of honor, I chose to do Red Velvet Cupcakes. They not only looked great, and were red which matched the theme, but they are super easy to make. Bonus!!! If you would like to know how I make them go to www.beakerbecksbites.blogspot.com and check out my recipe. :D 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broccoli Salad

My children have this thing for broccoli salad and they beg me to make it weekly. Every time I make it I become mom of the week around here which I happen to like! One would think that it might be odd for kids to love broccoli salad, and I am not necessarily thinking it is normal, but I do know it is pretty tasty. I decided for today's post to share my recipe. Beware, I am all about easy so don't expect something elaborate, and I cook for a crowd so if you want to make this adjust to your size of family. 1/2 package of broccoli florets from Costco (chopped) 1/2 red cabbage (shredded) 2 handfuls (or add to desired preference) of Craisins 2 handfuls (or add to desired preference) of real bacon bits 2 handfuls (or add to desired preference) of unsalted sunflower seeds 1/2 a bottle of Kraft Creamy Poppyseed Dressing Mix Seriously, if my kids scarf this salad down I promise most kids will.

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Mmmm, Chocolate!

I have said before that I love photography. My other love is children and my favorite thing to photograph is children. I love capturing their innocent moments. My kids have gotten pretty good at ignoring the camera although Rachael taught Jillian how to say cheese (when the camera was pointed at her) when she was still a baby. Last night I made homemade brownies. They were so good and so easy to make. Of course the kids got to lick the mixing spoons. Since I have so many kids they have to take turn on who gets to lick the spoons though. This time it was the older kids turn. Jillian, being the baby and totally spoiled, still got a utensil to lick. She was so adorable with the spatula that I had to grab the camera.