Skip to main content

Baking Goodness...Lemon Cupcakes!

Just to talk about something on a more uplifting and happy note...I love baking! When time permits, and my energy level is up for it, ie. in the morning, and I have an event to cook for so that I don't eat all the goodies...I pull out my cookbook, or go to my favorite food blogs, and make a bit of delectibleness! Ok, I know that isn't a word, but it's how I feel about homemade, cooked from scratch baked goods. ;o)

I have baked cupcakes for wedding, funerals, birthdays, showers, and love gifts. I love bringing happiness to someone through food. Don't laugh, it's kind of silly but it's a way of serving, it's a way of connecting with people.

So, I'm going to give you one of my secrets for perfect cupcakes.  Are you ready? It's tricky...Don't overbake!!! It's the secret to all baked goods and I think the reason so many people complain about their baking.  Baking takes patience, exactness, and attention to detail. For all my Utah friends, it also takes more work. Higher elevation requires less rising agent, among other tricks that I will share with you some time. This particular recipe gave me fits in Utah and is easy-peasy in FL. Lucky me! :D If you want to follow the recipe and have some spring-like fresh lemon goodness follow this link.



As a side note; I am sending you, via the link above, to my cooking blog.  It doesn't look fancy right now, and yet it will soon enough. I have been keeping my own blog to house all of my recipes for quite a few years ago. My goal for this year is to translate all of the recipes into my own words with my own pictures and cooking tweaks. It is going to be a fun process for me and I started with Lemon Cupcakes because who can resist that?!?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Third Weigh In

So, I have had another great week . I even allowed myself pizza one night, and with yesterday being fast Sunday I had all my points at dinner time so we made orange chicken. Mmmmmmm! I love that stuff. So, I am so happy to say that I have lost exactly 1 pound this week. Ya!!! Mark lost 1.8 pounds . Way to go Mark!!! I think we are doing well. Probably the hardest part is today. Whenever there is a celebration I want to eat. It is a hard bad habit to break. I am trying to find something else to do to celebrate my birthday. Maybe I will get out something creative to do. Well, happy birthday to me 1 pound is a great present.

Jillian and Preschool

I couldn't post about everyone else starting school without adding Jillian to the list. She LOVES school. I think mostly it has to do with the fact that she is incredibly bored at home when all the kids are gone at school. So, we enrolled her in the Doeremi preschool that my cousin is doing and she gets to go 3 days a week! Wow, is she excited!!! So here she is ready for school this morning. I can't believe that she is my baby.

Rachael Sneek Peek Senior Portraits