Skip to main content

Overachiever complex...

This domestic diva thing is harder than it seems. You think you have it all together and then something creeps in that threatens to destroy the mojo that you have so painstakingly created. Yep, it's the overachiever complex. Take today for example. I'm starting to list everything that needs to happen over the next week and the list is hefty. Today for example, I need to create an invitation for Jill's birthday party, create Andrew's graduation announcement, reupholster my new dining room chairs for a dinner party on Saturday, then plan a graduation party, a birthday party, a dinner party for some family that is coming into town (who we have never met)...I need not continue, I think you get the picture.

So, I'm talking to my husband, who happens to be out of town right now, and I'm struggling with being overwhelmed at all that needs to be done. I tell him that I don't even know what to do for Jillian's invitations because I don't even feel inspired. What does he say to me? "Why are you stressing out over "creating" an invitation? Why don't you just go down to Wal-Mart and buy a cheap pack of 10 invites and be done with it."

Well hello, who would have ever thought that there was an easier answer? And, I know what you're thinking...I got in my car and ran down there to get them and save myself time and money. Nope, and I didn't create them either. So, what did I do? Well, I didn't do anything. I'm cleaning around the house and doing my "get things done" routine this afternoon when what do I realize my little girl is doing? Yep, making her own invites. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen and there is no way I'm not handing those things out. Yes, I will have to add some details to it, but she is so proud of herself, and quite frankly, I'm having a proud mommy moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...