Skip to main content

Details vs. the Day to Day

I am a details kind of person. I love organizing, and yet hate day to day cleaning. Now one might think that day to day cleaning is a details kind of thing but for whatever reason those two are polar opposites in my book. Take today for example.

In picture one is my pantry. I am actually quite anal about how my cans need to all be facing forward. I have themes for my pantry too. For instance all the beans are together, all the tomato products are together, fruit, meat, sauces, etc.

Picture 2 is my counter of dishes. Need I say more? I hate doing the dishes. Really though dishes are no big deal compared to the toilet. Ew!!! I try to convince myself every day that I need to be more on top of things but that is obviously not working very well.

Lately I have been reading the blog/website of a really amazing mom who accomplishes absurd amounts of things and I continue to wonder how in the world she gets it all done. I want to understand how some accomplish so much while others (me in particular) can barely get the dishes done.

Comments

Becky...I'll come do your dishes if you'll come organize my cupboards! I envy your rows of beans! :)
Momnerd said…
Well at least you have something. I hate organizing and cleaning and it definitely shows! Your dirty dishes still looks nice to me! (sad, huh?)
Hey - your counter looks really clean! My counter, underneath dirty dishes, also has water spots, crumbs, drops of spilled milk, and flecks of the chocolate milk powder that went in to the milk.

I also love how colorful your kitchen is - including the dishes.

And your rows of cans...I'm envious. I like my cans the way you do, but no matter how hard I tried, they just ended up disorganized. So - I gave up and now let Rob deal with the pantry! LOL

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...