Skip to main content

Where Does Sausage Come From?

Today at breakfast the kids started having the funniest conversation I have heard in a long time. Clairissa started the conversation by telling us that she loves sausage. I said to her "sausage is from a pig."

Clairissa looked horrified as she said to me "what, I ate a pig?"

"yep, you ate pig, where did you think it came from?" I asked.

"From a sausage!" Clairissa exclaimed.

At this point I explained to her that ham and other meats come from a pig as well. Then I asked, "where do you think hamburger comes from?"

"From a hamburger" Clairissa stated so matter of factly.

"Clairissa" I said, "don't you realize that hamburger is from a cow?"

"What?" She cried, "you mean I ate a cow too?"

Then I started wondering if she realized that we ate animals at all so I asked her, "where does chicken come from?"

"From a chicken" she stated, as if I had asked the dumbest question of the day.

Zach then told her, "turkey comes from a chicken, Clairissa."

Of course Clairissa wasn't that stupid and quickly corrected Zach and told him that turkey comes from turkey. You know that tone of voice that says duh. Well Clairissa had that tone in her voice for sure.

Then Abby pitched in with her commentary. "I thought sausage was poop from a pig."

"What?" I questioned, as I practically gagged. "Abby, sausage is pig meat, not poop. Why did you eat it if you thought it was poop?"

Abby in her duh voice said, "I thought you put special spices in it to make it taste good."

So, after finally explaining everything I think my children are on the right page. Sausage is pig, hamburger is cow, chicken is chicken, turkey is turkey and most of all poop is poop not food.

Comments

At least you got the poop thing straightened out! That is hilarious! What a great conversation! In our house..we just call everything chicken, but I dont know if my kids know that chicken actually comes from a chicken!
Kate said…
That is so funny! I wonder if my kids know any of that. Thanks for sharing that funny moment with us!
rachel said…
I love that Abby thought that adding spices make eating poop ok!! Hahaha
sinika said…
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! So funny!

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...