Skip to main content

12th Weigh in and Changes

First the weight in. I gained .2 of a pound this week. I actually was doing really well until the weekend with Andrew's birthday and then Father's Day. I am in some what of a complacent mood lately. I need to step it up to the next level and I am having a hard time getting motivated enough to do it. You know how it is when you aren't happy with your weight and yet you finally are down just enough to feel like you look decent in your clothes. It isn't like I am happy with where I am but pleased enough at the progress to not be motivated to get down to the hard work that needs to take place to get to that next level. So, i'll get to it soon. I just need to start writing down what I am eating again. Ugh!

So, now to the fun stuff. I have taken a big step out of my comfort zone. I have wanted to write books for a long time and have never done anything about it. Well, a couple of weeks ago Mark found an article about a children and young adult writing and illustrating workshop that is being held at BYU this week and I took a bold step and signed up for it. I will be gone every afternoon this week and hopefully I will come away with knowledge that will help me feel confident enough to start writing those things I have wanted to write. I am nervous. I am not quite sure why I am nervous but somebody told me recently that the brain's job is to keep you comfortable and this is definitely out of that comfortable area. I think I feel like I am now going to need to do something about this goal of mine and that is fun and scary. Anyway, it is a done deed now. I have signed up and paid the fees. So, here I go.

Comments

rachel said…
I totally understand the complacent mood about the weight... I am there. We need to modivate each other! Good luck with the writing class, sounds like fun, it's good to be out of your comfort zone...right?!
I may be a devil's advocate but I decided two weeks ago, "to hell with the weight". I'm not going to eat like a pig and I'm also not going to walk around with a 24 hour guilt trip about everything I should have and shouldn't have eaten in the last meal/snack. I haven't gained, I haven't lost. But I have quit spending so much time thinking about it!

And as for the writing, that sounds like a BLAST and I wish you the best.

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...