Skip to main content

Weight Watchers Here I Come

Yes, It's true, I am on the third day of Weight Watchers. I was inspired by Nancy Zundell, a woman in my neighborhood. No offense to Nancy, but if she can loose her weight after getting as big as she did with her last pregnancy then I can do it too. Go Nancy!!! I need to post a couple of pictures on here of me pregnant so that you believe me when I say I get huge too. So, here I am almost 3 years after the birth of our last baby and it is time to do something about the weight issue. (As noted in previous posts.) I have good incentive too. Mark's dad just called on Sunday and is getting married on May 24th. That gives me just under 3 months. Wow, pressure is on.

It was the cutest thing. I was talking to one of the cheer coaches at Rachael's Cheer Gym the other day who happens to be pregnant and adorable. We were talking about pregnancy and how our husbands love us and think we are sexy even though we are huge. Her comment to me was that even though he sees this beautiful glow all she sees when she looks in the mirror is "large and in charge". How much do I relate to that. How cute she is.

Comments

Hey Becky, Let me know how it works for you. Nancy looks great, my problem is that I have no self control! I need a work out buddy so if and when you ever get to that point...give me a call!
-Kahlia
Marci said…
I love your blog. You are such a great family. I'll add you to my list of blogs I check EVERYDAY! What is my problem? Don't I have my own life?
Hey, I'm doing weight watchers.com and I really enjoy it. I've lost 10 pounds since I started, but have a ways to go to hit my goal. But its fun, I definitely would rather do it online then go to meetings. My biggest issues, second helpings and snacks. Good luck with it!

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...