Skip to main content

Second Weigh In

Ok, I felt really good about this last week. I stayed within my points and didn't cheat. So, I weighed this morning and I have lost a whopping .4 of a pound. Now that is frustrating, and a far cry from the 2 pounds I was hoping for. I am having to work hard at not being depressed about this. I desperately hope that this isn't the norm until I lose everything because that will be a really really really long haul. No really, I calculated it out and it would take me 137.5 weeks to lose my weight at .4 pounds a week. That would be December of 2010. Please somebody tell me that every week won't go that slow. Mark also lost 2.4 pounds. Anyway, forge ahead another week and pray for something better.

Comments

Nielson said…
Really, it won't take that long...I am so sorry, though--very frustrating!!! You'll catch a break soon, don't worry. :)
Remember Beck, losing weight is HARD WORK. It isn't going to happen overnight. Actually, it's better that it goes slowly because you are reteaching your body and mind what it needs to be healthy and you will more likely keep the habits for life if you do it slowly. If you are like me, if it came off fast I would say, "ok, I've hit my goal, now I can go back to normal." And then the weight would come back on just as fast as it left. Instead, look at the bigger picture. Look at this as not a matter of a time limit, but as a life change. If you see it as the way you are going to live, then you have to believe that the weight will come off. And it will stay off because of the new habits you've learned.

If you stay within your points, YOU WILL lose more than .4 a week. 2 pounds a week even seems small, but that is an awesome goal. You can do this, and YOU WILL start losing!

I am reminding myself to look at the bigger picture too. Its been two weeks since I have lost, but I haven't stayed within my points like I should either. It's been good to read your post and realize that I really believe in WW and I believe in myself. And you can do it too!!
Anonymous said…
Don't give up! Some weeks are just like that, hang in there!
Becky said…
Thanks for your comments everyone. I am a lot better with it a couple of days later. Weight Watchers is a great program and I don't feel deprived which is amazing for me. I will stick with it and especially with the support of friends like you.

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...