Skip to main content

Overwhelmed...

Ok, here's the deal...I haven't posted a #OneHundredHappyDays in weeks because quite frankly, I'm having a hard time seeing the happy. I'm seriously overwhelmed with all that is on my plate and I have no help to get it done.

The weeds in my yard are out of control people! I weeded for 2 hours today and barely made a dent. Then the trim on our house needs to be painted, the pool needs some work and the pool cleaner is broken. There are leaves all over the pool deck, and those pesky tiny weeds growing in between all the pavers and going to be the death of me.

 I haven't had time to clean the inside of my house in...I won't mention how long, (okay, I will, I detail cleaned when my mother-in-law came to visit at the end of May) other than basic pick up, and I still have a real estate class I need to finish up by October. Everywhere I look something needs help. And the girls? Now that school has started they have so much homework that they barely have time to do chores. When we finally have a few moments to get something done I opt for family time instead because family time is so rare. And Mark? He is writing his dissertation in his "free time", you know, that time when he isn't Bishop, employee, or consultant. Enough said. Oh, and then to top it all off, we are down to one car. The second is sitting in the shop, and the third isn't drivable when it rains due to a leak and a hole.

Oh, and then there is the wood floor that was damaged when our refrigerator broke a few months ago. A claims adjustor checked it out and sent us a check for repair. Little did I know that I had to have that done within so many months of cashing that check. I deposited it in the bank and decided I would get back to it when I had less pressing on my shoulders...well I received a letter in the mail asking me if the project is done yet and telling me about the deadline. Gulp!  So now I have to clear out my main floor of all furniture and cabinets so that they can spend 5-7 days matching, sanding, staining, and finishing.

I'm leaving out so many other things but you get the gist of it. So, what are your suggestions? How can I catch up? What should I do? How can I get the weeds under control? Do I put down a weed barrier? And how do I go about correctly doing that if it is the answer to my problem. I'm not asking for rescue, or someone to come in and do it for me, I just need solutions and at this point I can't see the forest through the trees as they say. I'm not looking for a pity party, I know that there are so many of you, my friends, that are in similar boats. So, one, two three, go. Start the ideas pouring, I'm all ears at this point!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Becky, you don't know me, but you are not alone. I wish I had thought to ask for help, before I broke out in Shingles this week. Funny, looking at your list, I can prioritize it, looking at my own? Lost, drowning, feeling alone. My suggestion, forget the yard right now. You are in Florida, is it green? Put it on the bottom of the list. Then you will enjoy it when you have time. And when the weather is better. Get insurance stuff done asap, that is money. Call some friends, make a breakfast casserole and some fruit and let them HELP you. Even if it is just the laundy, packing and house cleaning, get them off your list, know you are loved and see what the YM can do on the outside. Take a breath. You are part of a great area. I see myself in you. I will say a prayer too.

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...