Skip to main content

Kids and Friends

I have had a disheartening experience this week. My son who has ADHD has been below the emotional growth average of his counterparts. This has unfortunately led to a lot of prejudice. He has been treated so unkindly by boys that are his age. 

There is one boy in particular who has not liked our son from the day we moved in to this neighborhood. He has consistently made life hard for Zach and has changed the attitude of the boys in our neighborhood that used to be friends with Zach. Yesterday it turned to bullying. This boy pelted Zach with snowballs called him names and encouraged other boys to do the same. 

I don't understand this mentality. Why does it seem that some kids are born mean. It makes you wonder about the family and what they have done to create this behavior in their children. Honestly, I don't care if not everybody likes my children. Each of us have our own personalities and some don't gel with others. What I don't understand is why when one kids doesn’t like another kid they have to make life miserable for them instead of just leaving them alone. 

I also have major issues with parents who don't take the things that other parents tell them with some seriousness. Surely if somebody comes to you with something that they have noticed about your children then there is at least some truth in what they are saying. Whatever happened to everybody looking out for everybody else. If you notice something about somebody's children and you say something you get your head bit off, or even better yet the silent treatment. 

All I can say is that I am grateful to people who said something about me to my mom growing up, those people helped me stay out of a lot of trouble.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...