Skip to main content

clothing.femenine.and sexy in it's simplicity.

You know how I said I love clothes from the 50's? I wasn't kidding. Where can I find clothes like this? That won't break the bank? Wish I knew how to sew well enough to sew myself some clothes but quite frankly, what I would sew would look like I had sewn it. But look at these dresses...

What did I tell you. Classy. And these were their get the chores done dresses. Now here is what I want to know. How in the world did women keep figures like that? It seems completely insanely crazy that they had waists that size. That small. I would have to seriously starve myself and I still couldn't get down to that! I actually have a friend who dresses like this on a regular basis. She also has a figure that can pull it off. She also didn't carry and give birth to six children. So, I think I can cut myself some slack. I bet these women wore "suck in your gut" underclothing. I bet they even could have hinged on a Kierra Knightly in Pirates of the Carribean incident. I am going to tell myself that to feel better anyway. ;o)

This style has an inherent issue though and that is the heals thing. I think dresses like this beg for sassy heals. I can't wear heals due to my SI joint injury. So, can I pull off the 50's look with flats? Can I find vintage looking dresses like this for a decent price? I did find these dresses on Shabby Apple that are adorable but pricey for my budget. *Sigh* I did enter to win a dress from them though, so maybe the domestic experiment goddesses will be with me. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...