Skip to main content

*Sigh*

What is my problem today? I'm not sure but I have a sneaking suspicion it has something to do with my scheduled date to go to the LDS temple tonight with my honey. I always seem to have an ornery day the day I go to the temple. Satan works hard on me. So, I am trying to choose to be happy. A big challenge.

I actually decided earlier today that I hate children. Ha ha ha ha ha!!! That is a funny statement coming from someone who in all actuality loves children. I am just stressed with the whining and crying coming from Jillian. She is seriously turning my brain into mush. Then, Maizy didn't sleep this morning like she usually does so that didn't help anything either. I decided just now to let all the kids watch some mindless television. Hopefully that helps them and me.

School is going well. I am not into the meat of the class yet since it is just the beginning of the term so "going well" just means nothing to stress about yet. This week should kick up the pressure a little though. I was thinking about it and I am not sure that I have even blogged about going to school yet.

Last fall I hit an all time low slump with work and decided that if I have to work the rest of my life than I would rather do something that I love. Unfortunately, I don't have any skills in the things that I love so higher education was the next logical step. I have wanted to complete my bachelors degree since I was in high school. Life stepped in however and I put those goals on hold for a long period of my life. Now that Jillian is going into Kindergarten in the fall it leaves me with free time on my hands and I am truly excited for the opportunity to fill it with learning and growth.

So this month I started school again at UVU and hope to double major in photography and graphic design. This term I am taking Photography 1, Drawing 1, Computer Graphic Applications (Adobe Creative Suite instruction), and History of Art from the Renaissance on. I am going to be seriously challenged in some classes and will feel right at home in others. I am so excited though I can hardly stand it. I love learning!!!

Well, here I am after my date and I can honestly say I feel so much better. The temple brings so much peace to my life and I am so grateful for that peace. I honestly feel myself again and I think I can tackle tomorrow with renewed love and patience. Thank goodness for that!

Comments

Momnerd said…
I really need to get to the temple, too. I feel busy but then I think of all you're doing and I don't know how you do it! I hope you know how much I appreciate all your help. And please, please, never hesitate to say no to babysitting if it's too much. Also, feel free to take a break if you need one, I'm glad to help. I'm also thinking that Jilly is just struggling with your attention being not just on her during the day anymore. You know? I love you!

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...