Skip to main content

New Phone Love

We have been having the worst problems with Sprint. Constant missed phone calls and texts. To our benefit and relief Sprint changed conditions in our contract which made our current contract null and void. So, since we wouldn't be charged any cancellation fees we opted to change our phone service back over to Verizon, who I must say I love!!!

Mark got a hold of the corporate rep who cut us an incredible deal. Only one hundred dollars later we now have 2 new chocolate touches and 2 new droid phones. I was really hesitant about getting a phone with a data plan. First of all, it is more expensive. Second, I really didn't see that I had a need for one, that is, until Mark started explaining some of the benefits to having such a phone. Like syncing my ever increasing calendar. With as crazy as life is I started seeing a benefit to that one feature alone. Simplification is always my mantra and Mark promised simplification with a phone that has a data plan. So....I went for it!

Can I just say...WOW!!! I am so excited about my new phone I can hardly stand it. I have this application that keeps track of my Weight Watchers points. It even scans barcodes, recognizes the item and enters it into my food diary. I can sync my calendar with my Google calendar and even set appointments from my phone. Not only can I sync my calendar, but I can sync the rest of my family's calendar's too! I have an app that let's me listen to Pandora in my car. No more junky music on a radio that barely picks up signal, I can listen to my choice of music and not have to scan the stations.

Honestly, I have only touched the surface. This phone is absolutely amazing! I think, as funny as this is to say, this one simple change has impacted my life for the better....for-e-ver, for-e-ver, for-e-ver!

(Hee hee hee.)

Comments

Dione said…
I will covet your phone for-e-ver until I get one too! Next time I'm at the store and I've forgotten my WW calculator I'm calling you!
Shelly said…
Hmm that does look like a sweet phone. That is a slammin deal!

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...