Skip to main content

Back to School

So tomorrow is the big day and I have to say I am really nervous. I am old, I have signs of dementia, and I have 6 sweet babies plus 2 day care children at home. All of these things put me in a category that is not typical for a college student.

Yesterday I had to stop at UVU to pick up my student ID and some school supplies. There I was standing in what I thought was the correct line to get my ID. It turns out that it was the right line but I needed to check in with the kids at the counter first. Yep, I just went there. Here I am standing in line and a young man looks at me as says, "mam?", I look at him trying to figure out whom he is talking to. I look around and realize that he is indeed talking to me. Great. I am now in the mam category.

Well, other than the fact that I am old I am quite extited to start school. I have decided to pursue a double major in graphic design and photography. Both of these have been loves of mine for many years now and I would like to gain more knowledge in these fields. I am really not sure yet what my ultimate plans are for my majors, I think I will just let my plans evolve as I learn and grow. And trust me they will have plenty of time to evolve. I figured out that if I went full time taking 12-18 credits I should be able to graduate in about 5 years. That would mean that if I kill myself academically I should be able to graduate before my 4th child graduates from high school. That thought alone gives me giggles. Realistically though, I should be able to graduate by the time my 5th is graduating. 8 years of school. You would think I was going to become a doctor.

So, with tomorrow being THE day I have much that needs to be done. Cleaning the house and getting organized is at the top of the list. I need to go get new glasses, make a dentist appointment for the kids, round up school supplies, make bread, take the boys to the doctor, and get the kids computer updated. Oh, and I am babysitting my cute little cousins today too. It is a small list. I think I can have it done by 9 so I can get a good night of rest.

Comments

Dione said…
You Go Girl! You are going to love learning! I am looking forward to hearing about your first day! Good luck!
Shelly said…
You are definitely not in the mam category. He probably just calls everyone that. So dumb. Good for you going to school. Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...