Skip to main content

Year in Review and Some Funny Side Notes

My sister Dione has been staying with us since last Saturday and our families have had many a funny moment.

For example, yesterday my brother-in-law decided to challenge his boys and mine to roll in the snow. Of course there was some bribing involved in the form of hamburgers. The boys being typical teenage boys jumped on the chance to get free food. Andrew stripped down to his soccer compression shorts, the rest of the boys stripped down to their shorts and John even joined in the party and rolled up his pants took off his shirt. I think we could have been cited for indecent exposure with the amount of skin showing on the gang. They not only rolled once but actually ran out a second time to make snow angels belly side down. I have great video to prove the moment.

My second funny came from the little boy I babysit. Jackson has this funny thing with asking someone's name hundreds of times. This happened with John. Jackson kept asking his name and, after answering quite a few times, John decided to start telling him different names. Goerge, Fred, Sally.... you get the idea. But the name that stuck? Martha. Jackson remembered Martha and since he is required to call me Miss Becky, John told Jackson he had to call him Miss Martha. Yep for 2 days Jackson called Miss Martha's name constantly. Every time I heard Jackson I giggled.

I have also had very little sleep. Monday Dione and I were up until 4:30 in the morning and then I was back up by 6:30 to babysit. Tuesday night I stayed up until 2:30 talking with my mom and then was back up by 6:30 again. Wednesday was a little better, I got to sleep by 1:30 with the same wake up time. Honestly, by last night I was so loopy that when we went out to dinner with some really good friends of ours I was completely out of character. I honestly keep thinking back to last night and get really embarrassed. Seriously, what was wrong with me. I talked non stop, was gossipy, and even used a word that would never come out of my mouth. Embarrassing! And then this morning I was really ornery. My poor kids.

I am not complaining at all though, I love having company! After the Christmas party that we hosted Tuesday night where we had 50 people in attendance, we had a major sleep over. My parents were in Andrew's room, Andrew and my niece's fiance were in the downstairs family room, Rachael and 2 of her cousins that are her age were in her bedroom, and Then of course my sister's family upstairs in a few bedrooms. So crazy good. Mark kept teasing me though that he purposely went to work to escape the wild pandemonium happening at home. I am sure he was only half teasing.

My post title was year in review but I am starting to realize that I would write all night if I reviewed. I will try to recap. There was of course 4 surgeries, 3 biopsies, and a myriad of other more minor health issues. We did however learn from the pulmonologist that Mark is officially cancer free which we definitely celebrated.

We have made some really neat friends this year. Brandt and Kelli and their family, Nik, Jeff, Mette, and Bonnie from my work We of course have continued wonderful relationships with friends of yesteryear. The whole make new friends but keep the old adage.

We did however have 2 families move away from the area that left gaping holes in our hearts. My sister and her husband that are visiting us moved to New Mexico. We all cried buckets of tears the day they rolled out and of course many days since. I know they were guided and directed to the place where they are now so I can't really complain becuse I would be going against what I know is the Lord's will. So, instead I just count down the days until the time we get to see each other. Lucky for us their daughter is getting married in March so this time around it will only be 3 months between seeing each other instead of the 6 months of last time.

The other family were very close friends of ours who moved to Japan due to a military transfer. Once again I cried when they left and have had many sad moments in the months since. Unfortunately the likelyhood of seeing them anytime in the next 3 years is not very great. We pray for their continued success in Japan and can't wait for the day when we can reunite.

Mark has accomplished much at work and is loving his job, I am now working from home babysitting and now love my job. We are so happy in our callings and love serving in our church. Really we love love love life. Even with all the junky junk, we love the happy happenings that make up our every day. There is so much to have joy in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...