Skip to main content

Preparing for Clairissa's Birthday Party

My sweet Clairissa doesn't usually get a birthday party. Clairissa's birthday is so close to Thanksgiving that I am caught up in the craziness of the holiday and forget to plan ahead. Then by the time I think about a party the Christmas season is in full bloom and it isn't a really good time for people to send their children to a party.

Well this year I decided to give Clairissa some much needed special attention. I made special invitations for her birthday.
I decided to have the theme of her birthday be a cooking party. I am making aprons. and I have to realistically say though that I only let her invite 5 friends. I didn't want to be sewing aprons at o' dark thirty in the morning for the next week straight. Not to mention the expense. I am not even going to admit to how much these aprons are costing me. I figure though, that when she gets a party every once in a blue moon it is ok to spend a little bit more. Besides, the party itself is going to be pretty inexpensive so it all equals out.

Anyway, I finished the first apron tonight and it is so adorable it kills me! And really, I am quite proud of myself to admit that I actually put something together that is so cute!
What next? 5 more aprons in 6 days. The good news is that the rest of them should come together a lot faster than the first one did.

Comments

HOw cute and how Fun! I seriously need to learn how to sew so I can make my girls adorable things like that!
Breezy said…
SUPER SUPER CUTE!!!!!!!!!
Dione said…
It's so adorable that it's killing me too! Bummer that I don't have a daughter Clairissa's age! And that I don't live in driving distance! Take lots of pictures of the party so we can see these adorable aprons in action! Happy Birthday Clairissa!
Trajan could fit into an apron...

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...