Skip to main content

Halloween





Alright, I am almost embarrassed to post these pictures online but I have to preface it none the less by saying this. I had to work until 6. By the time I got home and everyone was ready it was dark outside. So, there went the cool outside pictures. Then to make matters worse, I haven't figured out the indoor lighting thing yet so honestly I am not posting these for photographic purposes. I tried to get pictures of the kids as we were running out the door, and this is the best I got. *sigh*

With all of that being said....Halloween was really fun. The kids were hilarious posing for pictures, they wanted to actually "pose" and why not it is more fun that way. Right? We handed out churros this year and apparently the neighborhood was all a buzz about it. Mark and I took the younger three out trick or treating, Zach went out with a friend, and Rachael and Andrew stayed home watching movies and handing out churros. When we got home we made Zuppa Toscana soup. An Olive Garden copy cat recipe that is awesome and has become a yearly tradition for us. I actually liked the holiday this year which says a lot for me. Maybe it has a lot to do with the fact that Mark was home instead of gone in Europe like he was last year. Absence always makes the heart grow fonder. Even fonder for holidays one normally dislikes.

Comments

When you figure out the indoor lighting thing, let me know! ..and I must have the recipe for this soup! :)
Dione said…
Yes! A recipe for the soup would be appreciated! And expand on churros... where did you get these?

The kids look cute!

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...