Skip to main content

Fundraising

Recently my girls came to me asking if they could participate in the 5k fundraiser for a little girl Mckenna in our neighborhood who has Leukemia for the second time. We talked about it but the price was a little more than I could afford in order for our family to participate so I said to the girls "hey, why don't you guys sell cookies and earn the money for us to participate".

Long story short, little did I know that my contribution would be $60 in supplies and making 51 dozen cookies! What my girls did to raise money for this sweet girl was nothing short of amazing. They took a few afternoons last week and knocked on doors in our neighborhood. They showed no fear, not hesitancy, and actually looked forward to selling the cookies. When all was said and done they earned about $175 dollars which is awesome for a few days work selling $3.00 bags of cookies. Most of all they learned a valuable lesson about service and helping others. Truthfully, our whole family learned a valuable lesson. Thank you Clairissa and Abigail for you great example to our family.

Comments

Shelly said…
Yay! That is so awesome! They are such sweet girls. I am glad it was a successful venture!
Breezy said…
Darn...they did not make it over to my house with the cookie sale!!! I wish I was on that list of lucky recipients!!! ;) You are amazing! That is a TON of cookies...which I am sure you already know!

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...