Skip to main content

My babies aren't so much babies anymore.



Abby turned 8 today. How is it possible? Where has the time gone? I can't even answer that question.

We had a great day mostly filled with church activities. But Abby of course got to pick out her birthday dinner which was orange chicken. Mmmmm, thanks for the great choice Abby! Then of course we had presents and ice cream.

Saturday is Abby's baptism day and I have a lot to do to get ready. We are planning on approximately 50 people. Yep, that is what happens when you have 10 siblings collectively and a few friends.

I may be crazy but get togethers like this are a highlight for me. I love seeing everyone interact and I love watching all the kids play. It brings back so many fond memories from my childhood. Unfortunately there is a slight chance of inclement weather so on the off chance that we end up having festivities at our house I am painting and finishing projects like crazy. I equally love deadlines for projects. Having the possibility of inclement weather just gives me good incentive to get the things done that I would otherwise put off for weeks and even months.

So, enough of this nice break, it is back to work for me.

Comments

Shelly said…
Congratulations! On being an awesome mom! And congratulations to Abby for getting baptized! So exciting!
Dione said…
*sob*

We will be staying here in NM - the girls have a football game to perform at.

Tell Abby how much I love her and wish I could be there.

*sob*

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...