Skip to main content

Vacation and Extended Vacation

We had such a great time in St. George this weekend. While Mark was meeting with the guys Saturday morning I took the kids over to the mall. We wandered, made a potty stop 3 times, and bought a couple of things on clearance at Hollister. (I love their lotion for women it was heavenly!) Next was over to Walmart for groceries for the BBQ later that night as well as the rest of the weekend.

We got back in time to cool off in the house for a little while and then headed over to a friend of Ty's who made the most amazing brisket I have had as well as a Bacon Explosion , bacon wrapped shrimp basted with bbq sauce, and shrimp with mango sauce among a buffet of other incredible eats. Oh man, it was a feast!!! After dinner Mark and I took the kids to the pool for an hour and then we met back up with everybody for fireworks. We sat on a bluff that overlooked the valley and we were close enough to not only see but also hear the fireworks for 2 shows.

Sunday was fun but also started the beginning of our family going downhill health wise. Abby woke up with a terrible cough, fever, and sore throat. After Sacrament meeting we took her home, medicated her up, and put her to bed. She spent the rest of the day sleeping and watching T.V. Mark also woke up not feeling well. His neck and upper back started hurting. Actually it has been hurting for days now and Rachael and I have been giving him back rubs but it has continued to get worse every day. And, just to top it off, my stomach started hurting Sunday afternoon. Despite all of that we took a fabulous drive north of St. George and checked out the memorial for the Mountain Meadow Massacre. Afterward we drove through Pine Valley and saw the most quaint old historic church. I seriously fell in love. They just don't make things like they used to! We of course had to stop for a potty break and Mark caught Pam on film waiting for the wonderful option that was available to us. Can I just say, I HATE Port-a-potties? I don't even think hate is a strong enough word. This Port-a-potty was full. I guess not as full as it could have been but when I say I think I threw up a little in my mouth at the sight of that thing I am not kidding. EW!

Back home for an incredible dinner and then Ty, Pam, Mark, and I drove through the fancy neighborhoods and ooogled over all the gorgeous huge homes down there.

Monday we drove home in time for me to go into work and ask to be able to call in sick. Yep, my stomach pains persisted and I was getting worried. Costco was awesome and let me off for the day so I went to the instacare and got instructions to go in for an ultrasound Tuesday morning to determine what was going on with my gall bladder. In the mean time Mark's neck was getting worse and Clairissa was now starting to feel sick.

Tuesday I had an ultrasound that determined that I have gall stones and my gall bladder needs to be removed. I also took Andrew in for a follow up on his ear and found out that he still has a hole in his ear drum, so yippee for us, Andrew needs surgery too. Today Mark woke up with a wicked cough which just made the back pain excruciating so we took Mark into the doctor and I think he was sent home with 4 medications. A muscle relaxant, a pain killer, an inhaler, and an antibiotic. I am now officially on short term disability which I am applying for because of my gall bladder but could have also qualified for due to the onslaught of other medical issues my family has.

You know, the other day I was talking with a co-worker about my frustrations over the lack of money we have. Her comment to me was hey, at least you don't have medical trials too. Well, I guess we get to have both. Lucky us!









Comments

Dione said…
I'm pretty sure there is nothing I could say right now to cheer you up 'cause, your life sucks right now!

But I'll give it a try anyway - uh, well, you still have your looks! Yeah, your family may be sick, but they're beautiful! If you were ugly you'd probably rather have illness, don't you think? You can get better from being sick, but ugly, now that would REALLY suck!
Breezy said…
I love all your photography, you have a talent for it!!!!!

I cannot believe all the medical stuff you guys are dealing with!!!! :( :( and ALL at once, geez!

Don't be afraid to speak up and ask for help when and if you need it!!!!!!!!
Becky said…
I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. classic!

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...