Skip to main content

Creative Activities






Today Clairissa and Abigail decided to have a toy sale. Ok, actually they decided to months ago and created a major disaster in their rooms as they went through all of their toys and decided what they could live without. After weeks of their rooms looking like a bomb had exploded I finally had enough and made them bag everything up.

Anyway, back to today. They decided that today was the perfect day for a toy sale. The first item on the agenda was deciding where to hold the sale. The street we live on is not very conducive for selling anything so the girls decided the park was the much better option.

Second order of business was to set up. The two of them in all of their 4 ft whatever stature hauled the ancient (and might I add incredibly heavy) 8 ft. table out of the garage and pulled it all the way to the backyard. They got about half way across our lawn before they were officially unable to carry the table another step. Abby came in the house to ask for some help. Funny considering I just had surgery and can't lift anything, Rachael still can't walk due to her surgery, and Grandma has a hernia and can't help either. This left the girls with one option which was their wonderfully sweet cousin Mckenna who walked out the door and glanced up to the sight of Clairissa holding up one end of the table with her hind end. With Mckenna on one end and the two girls on the other they carried the table through the neighbors yard and across the street to the small bit of shade available. Then they got their bag of toys and hauled it over to set up.

Last order of business was the sign and then hours of sitting. They have officially been sitting out there for about 3 hours now and are having the time of their lives. Their Grandma Merryweather even went out there with her guitar and sang songs with them. I love it when kids get creative. I think they sold about 2 dollars worth of stuff, but the activity was obviously the best part of the whole experience and not as much the money.

Comments

Dione said…
I loved doing things like that when I was little. The girls will grow up to be so close to each other.

Oh, to have a yard with grass and a neighborhood park close by. I took it for granted. I miss it.

I miss you.

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...