Skip to main content

Battle Creek Falls Hike

The other day I had a moment of clarity where I realized that I have been letting time slip away from me with the excuse that everything will get better later. Here I am one year away from Rachael graduating and I need to make the best of every moment that I have.

So, in an effort to do something fun, while adhering to the strict budget we have, I took the kids up Pleasant Grove Canyon and we did a very very simple hike. We actually didn't even make it to the top because I was worried about Rachael's knee but we had soooo much fun.

The humor for the day came when approximately half way down the trail Clairissa informed me that she needed to use the bathroom. I told her we would hurry and she was fine with that. A few minutes later she came back up to me and told me that it was an emergency like somehow I could do something about it and magically make a restroom appear. I looked at her and simply stated that if that was the case we could either hurry back to the car or she could squat in the woods. Her response was "oh". I really giggled over this one. I wasn't sure what she thought I would be able to do about not having a bathroom close but the thought of squatting had not even crossed her mind. We luckily made it down the hill, and to the nearest Seminary building for a pit stop before she had an accident.
Andrew had the brilliant idea to free climb the rock wall with flip flops on and a water bottle hanging from his mouth. I did of good job of letting him go for a minute but about this point I decided enough was enough and he needed to not get hurt by being stupid.










Comments

Kelli said…
You have such a beautiful family Becky! That picture of all their feet is priceless. Looks like a great day!
Nielson said…
Great pictures--I love that hike--it's so fun. The waterfall is the best. So glad no one had to do any squatting :)
Dione said…
Your photography captured a wonderful day! Andrew sure is a boy! I'm glad this outing didn't cost you any co-pays!
Great pictures! Wise of you to capture your moments while you still have them. Trust me. I know.

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...