Skip to main content

What to blog about....

I haven't blogged much lately. I keep thinking that I don't really know what to blog about. I feel like I live a boring life. Ok, so it isn't really boring but I feel like I do the same stupid stuff day after day. Wake up, try to become coherent for the next two hours, do some dishes, put in a load of laundry, get Jillian dressed, switch laundry over, take a shower clean something else in the house, get ready for work, go to work.

Day in day out it is the same. Really though there are changes in my day. Yesterday I got the chance to babysit for my cousin. She is moving up to this area from Ferron and is looking for a place to rent or buy. I keep hoping that she moves into our neighborhood. I love living close to family.

Then, as Sharla was leaving my sister Dione came to visit for the rest of the week. I love having visitors. i don't really think that I am a very good hostess though. I never know what to make for lunch. It ends up being a hodge podge mess instead of making people feel like they are well fed. i think I am going to work on this. It is so nice to have Dione here though. She is one of my best friends and we have seen each other through so much. She is unfortunately moving to New Mexico and I won't get the chance to see her very much any more.

Life changes can be so hard and yet just part of life. I have reflected on this much lately as 2 of my closest friends (Dione, and Lourdes) have recently moved, and then today is also the 1 year anniversary of the passing of another of my close friends Linda. Time goes by regardless of the various circumstances. We lose people we love but life keeps ticking by. At least I can still talk to Dione and Lourdes. Distance makes things harder but it doesn't stop communication. Death on the other hand does change things. I pray for my friend's children often as I think about the many things that will be missed. Baptisms, weddings, births, hardships, and no mom to help and see them through all of the good and the bad. I know the Lord has a plan though. Otherwise, this life would be for nothing. Why keep living if there wasn't a grand divine purpose to everything we do.

Anyway, back to the mundane. I work tonight. I guess this is the new normal for me. Tonight I get to squeegee floors, clean out hot dog bins, and serve a lot of pizza, but life is good because I have the blessing of a job. Up next on my list of new blog topics? How to clean a toilet. :o)

Comments

Dione said…
Thanks for letting me and my gang stay with you last week! I'm missing you already! I love the pictures you took of us saying goodbye and driving off. Especially the ones of your kids sitting in the road. That's exactly how we felt in the car!
Momnerd said…
Becky, it was so sweet of you to take my kids! You were a lifesaver! And I enjoyed chatting with you after. I am really hoping we will get into that house in SS. We should know for sure by Tuesday. And if not we'll still be in Lehi. I look forward to becoming close friends, not just cousins. I've always looked up to you! And I can't wait for that toilet cleaning post. ;)
Shelly said…
I appreciate this post. I know you posted it a while ago but I needed it today. I really stuggle with change especially when it involves losing friends. I am just going to have to get used to it though.

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...