Skip to main content

Chocolate/Sweets Withdrawals

I hate the holidays for one reason and one reason only. I am so addicted to sugar. I love it and can't say no. So, the holidays come around and I eat. Then at some point I decide enough is enough and I quit. The problem? I have the worst withdrawals. I crave and think about sugar constantly, which of course is just torture! So, tonight as I sit here watching TV for a minute I am craving something yummy. I guess it is no wonder that I am struggling with losing weight, huh. Of course most of the commercials have to do with food. The last one I just saw was a commercial about pie and ice cream. Yum. It doesn't help my resolve that I have to see commercials that tempt me. Ah, the insanity of it all. :o)

Comments

Kate said…
I understand you completely!! I am so addicted to sugar too. When I tell myself I am not going to eat it anymore, then it is all I can think about. If only I could just watch The Biggest Loser all the time- that makes me never want to eat again! Sorry that I have no great advice to get through it!
Toone's Goones said…
I have a stash in my closet that everyone knows is there. I keep it there to keep the kids out of it. Ken raids it as often as I do. I also will keep baking goodies in there. Holidays, we love them too much. We always have the tight jeans to show.
Breezy said…
I feel your pain! And literaly it IS painful!!!
One of the first things I'm gonna ask the Lord when I get to the other side:

Why'd you make so many of the healthy foods taste...not so desireable, while the majority of the really-bad-for-us foods tasted oohhhhhh sooooooo desireable?

Hmm...maybe I need to go have a scoop of ice cream while I ponder that question. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...