Skip to main content

Last Minute Urgent Care Trip

I have now received 2 phone calls from concerned friends about Mark's urgent care visit. Let me assure everyone that he is fine. Bumpy but fine.

Mark woke up Sunday morning, took a shower, and as he was getting dressed noticed a rash on his chest that was quickly spreading. He came downstairs and announced that we needed to go to the doctor immediately. Unfortunately the only place open on Sunday is the urgent care so that is where we headed. Normally we wouldn't have been as concerned about the rash but since he was leaving the country, and had just had a MMR booster, we were worried that maybe it was one of the three rashes he had been given the booster for and he would end up spreading his "disease" internationally.

Fortunately, the doctor said that his rash just looked like a reaction to something he had eaten. Mark was told to take an antihistamine twice daily for a few days to kick the rash and that he should be fine. It was a funny couple of hours though. As we were driving down the road the rash spread to his face and he "swelled right up". I teased him that the last thing he needed was to get to Germany and then be quarantined like that gentleman a few years ago with the TB outbreak. That obviously wasn't the case however and once he took an Alavert his rash subsided somewhat. He made it to his flight on time and is currently enjoying German cuisine the likes of which I dream about and am drooling over!

Comments

That is funny. Hopefully European cuisine doesn't make him breakout again!
Toone's Goones said…
That is so funny. A little scary, but funny. You crack me up. You know, Ken would have probably gotten upset by the comment (which I would likely say), you and I are entirely too similar. I'm glad that he is ok and enjoying Germany.

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...