Skip to main content

Voicing an Opinion

The other day Mark was listening to the Doug Wright Show. The guest that he had on his show, Jason Chaffetz, is somebody who is running for political office here in Utah. His so called conservative opinions are scary to say the least and if any of you are like me, on occasion you tend to vote by party if you don't know anything about the people running for office. I have on occasion gone to vote knowing that there are a few people that I either want or don't want in office, but there are still some on the ballet that I either don't vote for at all, or vote for by party. Ok, I know that is aweful to admit but true. Mark gave me an overview of the things he heard Chaffetz say about his immigration plans. For a comprehensive account of his beliefs please go read his detailed plan by clicking HERE.

So, let me give you a very brief overview for those of you who don't want to read the web site. Chaffetz thinks that everyone in this country who isn't a citizen should be given a 2 year visa. At the end of the 2 years everyone who is not a citizen will be rounded up and shipped back to their "country of origin" where they can then apply for legal citizenship. He wants to lock down the borders and "do what Joe Aripaya does down in Arizona and build some tent detention facilities and incarcarate these people." Does that sound to anybody else like it does to me, as if we are walking back in time to World War 2 with the Japanese? And what about the many people who are married to citizens on legal visas? Do they get to be "shipped back" too?

The last time I checked this man was in the lead in the polls. I fear that because he is republican and we live in a majority republican state, that he will be voted into office regardless of his political opinions. Please do some research and find out if this man feels the same way you do about this important issue before you vote for him!

I am not normally one to get involved in politics. I honestly listen to what is going on and it gets me so fired up. I tend to avoid politics because I feel like I don't have a say and so being mad about what is happening in our world is not productive. I have a voice though. I couldn't sit back this time and choose to say nothing. My blog is not normally about anything political but after listening to the First Presidency's message that was read over the pulpit yesterday, I felt compelled to make a stand where I could.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...