Skip to main content

Golfing With the Family

Mark has been working a lot of crazy hours lately. Last week, in an attempt to slow down for a minute, he took a day off from work and went golfing. He was going to play the course and invited me to go with him and drive the golf cart. I thought that sounded like a lot of fun and that the kids would have a blast so I accepted his invitation and we went to the AF Golf Course together. Unfortunately, there ended up being a waiting line just to play on the course and then he would have had to play with 3 other men. I think the kids and I would have been quite the distraction, so Mark decided to hit a bucket of balls instead. Mark really wanted me to hit the bucket of balls with him but I kindly declined telling him that it would be similar to me asking him to learn how to quilt. Fortunately I had my camera so I had something to do. Two of my 3 favorite shots are listed last. I am excited to say that little by little I think my talent for photography is growing.



Comments

Momnerd said…
Sounds like a nice day out! Good idea while the weather's still good. By the way, I can't figure out what happened to your address that you gave me, could you email it to me again. I'm such a lam-o. Also, do you know how I can get on the Merryweather Family blog? I have also gone private but I'm not sure if I have the right email address for you but I want to invite you to view it. My email is sharlacarbine at gmail dot com. Hope to hear from you soon!

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...