Skip to main content

Annual Neighborhood BBQ

We had our annual neighborhood BBQ last Saturday evening. Honestly, we should do more of them. We had great food with a B.Y.O.B. and then everybody was assigned either a side dish or dessert. So many of the neighbors were out and about chatting with each other, you know how the ladies are, and all of the men were standing around their grills discussing the manly things. :o) I think their grills and grill tools are like their safety blankets. It was good to see the men making such a great effort to socialize. Actually, we have a really friendly neighborhood where most of the men are pretty outgoing and fun but still, they aren't women. lol Barbara and Marcos were able to borrow a bounce house from a friend of theirs and so the kids were well occupied for hours taking turns jumping. Zach, Josh, and Zach J. were put to the task of time monitoring for the bounce house and they did a great job.

After eating and talking until sundown John and Jodi set up a movie in their backyard. We all spread out our blankets and chairs and cuddled up to watch Penelope. Of course Rachael and I snuck home for a moment because we couldn't stand to miss the big finale for Michael Phelps swimming the relay with his team mates, It is a good thing we came home because it was a close race and we would have been sad to miss the excitement of setting the world record for most Gold Medals won for swimming in the Olympics.



From top to bottom, left to right. Jillian and her friends jumping. Andrew. Jillian having a moment. Kids waiting in line for their turn bouncing. Jen. Zach L. (king of the mountain) Bryson. Bryson. Aliza tugging on Micah's ears. Karen gabbing. Rachael on the phone of course. Mark. Bishop Jeff. Abby dancing. Duplicates.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Naoma said…
We should have moved one street over!! Oh well looks like you guys had a great time!!
Whitney Hale said…
Hey becky how are you? Your blog is adorable! You guys seem to really be enjoying life and neighborhood fun! Tell everyone hi!

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...