Skip to main content

The Perils of Cleaning

Tomorrow is Mark's gall bladder surgery. Of course I am stressed out for many reasons. The first being the fact that it doesn't matter if it is laprascopic it is still surgery. The thought of Mark going "under the knife" kind of freaks me out. I am sure there are many ways in which complications could arise, and trust me when I say my mind has already thought of all of them and then some. I am sure I have stressed about stuff that isn't even a complication. I always tell my children that if there is something they need to tell me they might as well just spill the beans because I can tell when they have to tell me something and my mind comes up with far worse than their issues are. The same thing goes with anything in my life. I have quite the over active imagination and if there is a worst case scenario I have thought it. I seriously work hard on trying to think more positive. The other day Mark told me that if I am going to come up with what ifs than why not come up with the best case scenario what ifs. Hmmm, let's think about it. Yep, there is a best case scenario but seriously that just isn't much fun to stress over. lol

Second, Mark is going to be out of commission for at least a week. I am feeling the need to get everything cleaned and organized which leads me to the title of my blog. Why does it seem that every time you ask a child to help out with cleaning all hell breaks loose? I mean that in very literal terms. It is as if cleaning is Satan's code word for wailing and gnashing of teeth. It is now 12:30 and we have only finished 2 rooms in the whole entire house. Sometimes it takes everything in me to not yell at the top of my lungs in frustration. If you ever happen to hear yelling coming from my house it means that I lost the cleaning battle of wills.

How many more times do I have to hear...Mom, can I please have....Mom, may I please have...Mom....Mom....Mom? Anything to get out of the cleaning aspect of being a family. Sometimes I actually give up. We have a really nice spirit in our home until cleaning takes place. I love to just keep peace. Wow, do we pay the price for that choice though. At some point somebody is going to come up with the end all save all plan that will save me from cleaning torment. What did you say? Cleaning maids? Yeah right, don't I wish. In the mean time, back to the grind.

Comments

Dione said…
Best case scenario: You and Mark are waltzing around the island in your kitchen that your children scrubbed clean by Tuesday night. What to stress about? What to wear!

Good luck with the surgery tomorrow, Mark (and Beck). Everything will be fine and eventually better! Let me know if I can do anything!
When you catch your breath, I have a book recommendation. Don't think, "oh great another self-help book". It's not. It's house/life saving. I have a condensed version a friend gave me and its been WONDERFUL.

Best of Luck with everything!!

The URL is http://www.organizeenterprise.com/organizeyourhome/index.htm

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...