Skip to main content

Men and Motorcycles

My dad did the craziest thing recently. At the age of ** (hee, hee I bet you thought I was going to tell you his age) he bought his first motorcycle. He took a Honda certification class and learned how to ride but the bike he rode on was a LOT smaller than the bike he bought so he wasn't comfortable with riding it home from the store. So Mark, who has been dreaming of owning a bike for years and has ridden for years, came to the rescue. He drove with him down to the shop and rode the bike to our house. Then all of my kids and I all got a ride on the new bike before my dad even got on it for the first time.

The funniest moment was when my dad told me that he had bought the bike. He asked me, "do, you think I am crazy?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed. "but, then again, every guy dreams of owning a bike so it really isn't a surprise."

My dad chuckled then, and I did too.

Abby and Jillian with their turn on the bike with their dad.

Jillian and my dad.

Zach and my dad. I am not kidding when I say that Zach drooled over that bike just as much as Mark did.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

sinika said…
Funny story.... the other day Adam was out "shining" his motorcycle and Zach came by for a visit. He was talking with him about the bike and said, "This is a baby bike though, huh? My dad wants a BIG motorcycle someday." Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! So funny!
Becky said…
Thanks for sharing your story of Zach with me. That little guy cracks me up!!!
Sue Nuhn said…
I'm impressed! I thought Dad and I were being "with it" by looking at a scooter! Looks like a lot of fun.
Momnerd said…
I got to sit on his motorcycle just the other day. I was just laughing. He looks pretty cool on his motorcycle. I love it!! Oh, and I'm on a quest to lose weight too! You're doing great!

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...