Skip to main content

Soul Sisters

Once again I write about the death of a friend. This time my dear friend Linda. How precious and short is this life we live.

Linda was only 37 years old and yet her body was much older than her mind. She had the best sense of humor. I have not had a friend since my friend Jessica who could make me laugh so hard. And however funny her stories were they were made even more funny by the great voice impersonations that she used. I would laugh so hard her stories quite often made me cry. She could also write with the most poetic sweetness. Linda had the strongest testimony of anybody I have ever known. the poems and hymns and other various things she wrote expressed the deepest feeling of my soul about our savior and yet could never express the way that she did. She loved the Lord so deeply with every inch of her being. She had such a rough life physically. She loved life and her body could not keep up with the youthfulness of her soul. It seems as I have talked with her and her mom that her health problems started at birth. How valiant she was in her fight though.

I grieve today for the lost time. I have only lost one other person that I have felt as close to as Linda. It is an interesting predicament with life and death to have the eternal perspective that gives you peace that we will see each other again, and yet grieve the time lost on this earth. I know she is in a far better place and is finally out of the pain that tormented her body daily. I selfishly grieve for me and her family not for her. I pray that I can be a daughter of God that exemplifies the qualities that I found so abundant in her. I once again say thank you. Linda you taught me so much in the short amount of time we had together. Thank you for being a shining example to me. I love you, and I can not wait for the day when we can see each other again.

Comments

Nielson said…
You are so good at making me cry! I also loved Linda and will really miss her. You are such a great friend and you have paid such a sincere tribute. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...