Skip to main content

Money Management

Mark and I had the most amazing weekend. It all started a few weeks ago when our friend Casey gave us a book called Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker. Mark and I will be the first to say that we are not real great at the money game, we have great ideas but nothing ever comes of them. On top of that we were raised as complete polar opposites when it comes to managing money. So, I was all for reading something that might put Mark and I on the same financial page. The book was amazing! I learned so much about why I react the way I do to money. The book came with 2 free tickets to a 3 day intensive seminar and Mark and I decided that after seeing how much we learned by reading the book that we would be missing a lot if we didn't go to the seminar.

So, bright and early Friday morning the 2nd of May Mark and I flew out to Denver, CO. We got to the conference 5 minutes before it started at 9 in the morning and it ended that night at 10:30 pm. Saturday the conference went from 9 am until 10 pm and Sunday from 8 am to 7 pm, at which point we rushed back to the airport and flew home.

Some of my favorite things I learned were proper allocations of our money. We learned how to have balance in our lives with allocating our money into separate accounts for tithing, the golden egg account, long term savings for spending, education, Play, and necessities. We learned that it isn't the amount that you put into the accounts that is as important as the habit. We learned about the importance of giving and how to be better receivers as well, and another favorite of mine was emphasis on learning how to celebrate each of our successes. I have come home a better person with more confidence in myself and my abilities. Thank you Casey once again for giving Mark and I the book and the financial freedom that we learned because of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...