Skip to main content

First Day in Florida

Mark and I are completely elated at our chance to be here. We are already having so much fun. The flight left at 10 this morning and we arrived here around 4:30 Florida Time. I have pics. of Mark at the SL Airport and Mark and I at the Orlando Airport. Don't laugh to hard at the cheesey pics but I am posting a lot of things to make my kids feel a part of the whole deal. Like for instance...the airplane, and Zach loves cars so the pic. of Papa John's car is for you.

Mark at the Salt Lake Airport

Our Airplane for the Flight to florida

Mark At the Orlando Airport

Becky waiting at the Orlando Airport for Mark's dad to pick us up

Mark's Dad's Convertible Audi. Nice ride!!!


Reunion

Our Hotel Room. It is even nicer than it looks!

Once we checked in at the hotel we met over at Judy's house and had hors d'oeuvres and Judy made a great salad and grilled up an amazing dinner with hamburgers, hot sausage, and chicken. We had such a nice evening relaxing by the pool and listening to the warm rain drizzle on the patio roof.

Comments

Nielson said…
Had no idea you guys were going to Florida!! I am so jealous :) that will be so much fun
Dione said…
I'm so impressed that you have had any time to blog - Your kids are doing great. Eli and Abby are real pals and so are Rachael and Noel. (I think Noel is going to set up Rachael for a double date tonight) Your baby is adorable and is playing well with Allie. I will encourage Rachael to blog so you can see the snake that they found in the back yard!

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...