I have learned something about myself this week. I have such a hard time turning down food when other people are involved in the decision. I was great when it was my birthday because it was my choice. The fallacy comes in this...I stopped thinking it was my choice when it was Mark's birthday. So, it started Thursday night when Mark wanted to go out to celebrate his birthday. He wanted to go to the Asian Buffet in American Fork. I did great on portion size but there are not good choices at that place so I am sure I went way over my points that day. I justified it by saying to myself that I had my discretionary points so I was still fine for the week. Then there was Friday. I cleansed during the day and had gorditas in the evening. As far as I can tell I was within my points that day because of the cleansing. Then Saturday came and with it a baby shower for a good friend of mine. I should have brought back up food or maybe brought food to eat before I went in to the shower. Either way I hadn't eaten in hours due to shopping for a dress for my father-in-law's wedding and so I was hungry and it was a rough afternoon with food choices in good portion size but way high in fat. So, with all of that being said I gained .8 of a pound this last week. I feel ok about it for a couple of reasons. The first is that I am learning about how to take care of myself in social situations which is a hard battle. The Second is that even in the face of struggle I still didn't completely loose it which is a good step for me. Mark gained 1 pound, but we are both back on track this week. I have a dinner out with in-laws this week and my challenge for myself is to stay within a healthy point range even though we are eating out. I have a choice and I am always in control of my eating. Nobody else can make me put something in my mouth, it is always lastly about what I decide.
We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...
Comments