Skip to main content

The Bees

Jillian

Andrew Clairissa and Mom huddled under the blankets

Mom

Clairissa, Mom, and Jillian

Abigail, Dad, and Zachary

The ball field, see we had great seats.

Andrew

Last night Mark received free tickets to a Bees game from somebody that he works with, so we bundled up, brought blankets, and went to the game. It was so much fun. Hardly anyone was there because of the cold so our seats were wonderful and right down the stairs from a bathroom, thank goodness since the girls had to use the restroom 4 times! i was really glad that we brought blankets because it was COLD! Afterwards we got a tour of the room where they take care of all of the editing and displaying for the big board. I brought my camera but of course forgot the chip in my computer so the only pictures we have are from our cell phones but I was not going to go without documenting the fact that we did something fun as a family. lol. (see 100 things about me number 62)

Half way through the game Jillian was crying for water and wanted to take a drink out of the bathroom sink. Ew, gross, and the water is warm too. So, I had Mark go out to the car and smuggle in a couple of water bottles. It was a good thing that he went out because apparently we were parked on the sidewalk. (Not that you could tell there was a sidewalk, and there weren't any no parking signs, and there were at least 10 other cars parked there before we even got there so it looked like a parking area.) Well, we got a ticket for $17, and if we hadn't found the ticket when we did our car would have been impounded. I just love it when free turns into something other than free. Andrew said he saw a cop just waiting there watching the cars drive in and park. I think they lay in wait knowing full well people will park there every time! Ok, on to the happy stuff. We didn't get impounded and we had a family outing those are both good things!

The rest of the story happened this morning. Jillian loved the whole thing (not that you can tell in the picture) and this morning when Mark asked her if she liked the bee we heard all about it! I think she used every word in her vocabulary at least 50 times as she told us all about the bee giving her a high five and knuckles, the ducks on the field, the bee running, and who knows what else. I am not exaggerating at all when I say she went on about our outing for at least 10 minutes non-stop. Mark and I talked, the kids talked and she just kept going and going and going. She even added body movement to her story with running, and bending backwards as she told us about the bee laying across peoples laps. It was the most she has ever talked at one time and I had no idea that she had thought our outing was so much fun. It definitely made a large impact on her!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Family Pictures

We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...

Questions Answered, Questions Created

Today was Mark's appointment with the pulmonologist at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wish I could say that we came away with answers, good or bad, but instead Mark and I just feel confused. We got to the appointment about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to fill out the piles of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork we noticed a sign that was posted with the names of each of the doctors and whether each of them were on time or not. According to the sign our doctor was right on time so after finishing the paperwork we sat back expecting that we would get in within a few minutes. Well, a few minutes turned into a half hour, which turned into an hour plus. Finally they called us back to our room and the nurse assured us that the doctor was just writing up a couple prescriptions for the previous patient and then he would be right in. Of course right in meant another 20 minutes or so. The doctor finally came in and proceeded to ask us questions about Ma...

A Story Good Enough for Halloween?

I have a story to tell. I should have told it a month ago in preparation for Halloween but alas, I didn't think to write about it until tonight. So, if you are ready for something spooooky then sit back and enjoy. When I was a little girl living in Northern California my parents chose a house for our family to live in that was, at first inspection, perfect for us. It was a traditional English Tudor style, 2 story house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, large pantry, and a large kitchen/eating area. There were large picturesque windows in every room that looked out over the vast undeveloped rolling hills that were right out our back door. The house was surrounded by large oak trees and a quaint brick path that led from the street up to our doorway. Our family was happy there. One bedroom for the girls, one bedroom for the boys, an office for dad, and a large master bedroom for our parents. Everything was perfect except for one major factor. There...