Rachael just called a little while ago to tell us that their team took 4th place. They are disappointed. Apparently they went into today's competition in 3rd place with a good shot at moving up. They did an almost flawless routine with, from what their coach could tell, only one small bobble worth a 3 point deduction. Their coach then watched the team that went into today's competition in 2nd place and they had a couple of drops in their stunts, so our coach felt really confident that we would be in at least 2nd place. So, when the announcement came and they were lower than yesterday it came in as quite a shock. Rachael called us up crying. :o(. I felt so bad for her. My biggest piece of advice was to remember the incredible feeling they had when they walked off the mat. The whole team felt on top of the world and felt like they had done the very best that they could have done. That, I told her, is the best thing you can walk away with. Knowing you did all that you could do. I still am so proud of all of them. They worked hard and their hard work paid off. Go Flyerz!!!
We had the funnest silliest adventure today. We decided that since Rachael's braces are off and Mark and I have lost a few pounds that it would be a great time to take our family pictures. I have seen some really cool looking pictures done at the salt flats so we took a drive out there. Yep, 2 hours later, after making a 20 min. past our destination detour, having to stop at the only gas station in the middle of nowhere for a bathroom trip, and just as the sun was going down over the mountain we pulled up. The couch was very quickly unloaded and then in a very hasty 10-15 min. We sat, posed, and pushed the button to take our picture over and over again. It was such a good time with all of us laughing and enjoying every minute of the warm light and family bonding. Please note that these pictures are straight out of the camera and I have not edited them yet. Even with that being said, I LOVE them!!! It is just what I was envisioning. Once editing is done I think they will be quite ...
Comments
It will be fun to keep in touch this way :)
Brianna